A project of the La Vernia Historical Association
Donate NOW to the La Vernia Veterans Memorial – Read more below!
La Vernia LOVES her Veterans! To honor them, and their sacrifices for our Freedom, we are building this beautiful monument.
The Memorial will recognize eligible U. S. military Veterans connected with the La Vernia, Wilson County area and provide a setting for ceremonies. It is under construction in the La Vernia City Park. We welcome this opportunity to honor the many Veterans who have touched the hearts of La Vernia, from the American Revolution through current times. The original design was by one of La Vernia’s own, UTSA School of Architecture graduate, Dustin Buckley. The project Architect is Hollie Scott Sanchez, PLLC, STUDIO ARCHiTEKTS. The construction is being made possible by donations, fundraisers and the support of people who love our Veterans.
Eligibility for Inscriptions: Veterans must:
- Have a connection to the La Vernia area, but residency is not required.
Possible connections are any one of the following: Resident, a former resident of the La Vernia, Wilson County area, family or friends in La Vernia, Wilson County, live or lived near La Vernia, Wilson County, or fond memories of La Vernia, Wilson County.
- Have served honorably and completed their obligation of service in the U.S.A. in one of the recognized branches of the U.S. military; Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, or Navy.
- Have completed their obligation of service and have an assigned DD214 or equivalent or DN204 number or other acceptable verification of honorable service, except for military service prior to 1870, for which a historical document or record proving service is required. All documentation will be verified. If you need a DD214 or DN204 or proof of service, visit www.archives.gov. IMPORTANT NOTE: “For the newer DD 214 please ensure you submit the long form with fields 23 – 30 showing the character of discharge.”
a. Are limited to one Veteran per branch of service.
b. May not include groups or more than one Veteran name.
c. May not contain graphics.
d. Are limited to a maximum of three lines; twenty spaces per line.
e. Are limited to any combination of the following only, with the Veteran’s name always listed on the first line:
- Branch of service
- Highest rank held
- Medals and honors
- Dates of service
- Theater of service
- Occupational Specialty
Cost: Wall Inscriptions are $150 non-refundable and must be accompanied by a Veterans Wall Inscription application. The La Vernia Veterans Memorial Board will review each application for final approval.
Download now – Wall Inscription Application
Patriots Pathway personalized bricks
4 x 4″ – $60
4 x 8″ – $250
Anyone may buy a personalized brick. Bricks do NOT have to be for a Veteran.
“In Memory of Mom & Dad” “John & Mary Smith – 50 Years” “Thank You, Veterans” “ABC Products Company”
Download now – Patriot’s Pathway Personalized Brick – Application
Benches – 10 benches are available for engraving but must be the name of a Veteran. A Bench Sponsorship Form and payment in full must accompany all orders. $2,500 per side.
Download now – Bench Application Form
Obelisk – Businesses, families, trust – anyone may donate all or part of the cost of the Obelisk. Based on estimates, the cost could be $40,000 – $80,000.
Donation$ – Monetary donations of any amount may be mailed to La Vernia Veterans Memorial, c/o LVHA, P.O. Box 513, La Vernia, Texas 78121.
Donate online to the La Vernia Veterans Memorial here:
Download applications here:
– Veterans Wall Inscription Application – $150
– Patriot’s Pathway Personalized Brick – Application – $60 or $250
– Bench Application Form – $2,500
Download the La Vernia Veterans Memorial Overview here.
The La Vernia Veterans Memorial is a project of the La Vernia Historical Association, a 501-C-3 nonprofit organization.